Powered By Blogger

Pages

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

life after st. francis

after several years of professional torture that i can honestly say a) diminished me as a physician and b) prioritized other peoples expectations over my own, i not only decided to pull the plug on st francis hospital but actually did. while the chief medical officer made a very negative impression on me not matched by anybody else over the years, in a sense i am grateful since i probably would have shown more loyalty to a physician that i hold in higher professional regard and not afforded myself the chance to harvest things more to my physician liking as my career reaches its conclusion.

now comes what to do instead. fortunately, june coincides with my semiannual planning that will be taken into account. my guess is that i will have about 15 extra hours weekly as a result of this change though only about half that will come within ordinary working hours. there are certainly new opportunities and i've already made a few early inquiries to explore them.

No comments: