Powered By Blogger

Pages

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Recovering from a weekend on call. It was one of the lighter ones, usual frustrations of my communication system failing on me but not oppressive in terms of volume or urgencies. I'm a little overdue for vacation. I can tell by my general irritibility and lack of interest in doing what i ought to be doing. For the Glorious Fourth I have a four day break during which Irene and I will take in the sights of Mystic and environs. I went there as a camp outing in 1963 and remember the day fondly. Over the years I've had occasion to pass through New London but never stopped for anything more exciting than a snack at the local mall.

I have surprisingly little planned for the outing. Travelling by car allows me to bring a few extra things like books and my laptop or maybe even my drawing kit, things that would be too big a shlep on a plane for a four day trip. My plan at present: Thursday morning getting there, Thursday afternoon resting at hotel, maybe stop at Coast Guard Academy or art museum at Connecticut College, Friday and Saturday Mystic Seaport and Submarine attractions, Sunday home with perhaps a stop in NYC to see Alan's new digs. Nice dinners in the evenings.

I'm flexible and it's Irene's respite too.

rich the furrydoc

No comments: