Powered By Blogger

Pages

Monday, January 18, 2010

Yesterday was the first day in a while that I started to feel engaged to the rest of the world. For 69 cents I could get a large coffee at McDonalds which I couldn't possibly finish and sit quietly at a table updating my planner and my plans for the first time this calendar year. I went shopping for a new tie rack, then home to complete the dishes, have a snack that destroyed my interest in dinner, work on my next Torah portion and generally feel optimistic for the first time in a while. igp went to her rehearsal in the early evening, leaving me to engage in some productive rest, listen to a Torah MP3, listen to some orthodox style music and watch some very paltry offerings on this week's Shalom TV.

Today I am less engaged, slightly sad, more than slightly disappointed in myself for shutting off my alarm when I was supposed to begin tackling the day and the work week. I did some useful stuff related to replacing my role as office practioner. If successful, this will likely relieve much of my apprehension if not the sadness. rtf

No comments: