Powered By Blogger

Pages

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Snow has played havoc with my work, leaving me with too many open gaps in the schedule to make the practice economically viable, not that it was before. It is time for closure, some job hunting to avoid early retirement but some selectivity. I don't think I want to go to a place like CCHS that does a variant of piece work. As I get into my late 50's it is a harvest time to pursue some of the things I wish I had done professionally but never accomplished. I'd like to return to teaching in some form, engage in outcomes research, write about the world of medicine and see enough patients to justify my paycheck. There are opportunities to do these things that make the world a little better in addition to making my patient cohort more stable medically.

No comments: